Friday, September 12, 2008

Exhausted....

If I had to pick one word to describe my most consistent feeling it would be exhausted.  I'm only teaching two class one at 9:05 and the other at 11:30 on M/W/F and yet I just feel like a go, go, go all day everyday!  I know it's because it's the beginning of the year and trying to get everything settled and on a schedule but I'm not sure how much longer I can keep going before I just plain fall over.  It also doesn't help that this week is Welcome Week and as the SGA adviser I have to go to their events and last night there was a harbor cruise and I was a driver.  I didn't get to my bed until 3:15am and then I had to teach at 9:05, I kind of  hate my life today!

And it has finally happened...there was dancing at an ENC event!!!!  Ok, it wasn't planned or organized it just happened.  And this could have been the opportunity for the students to show administration that they can handle dancing.  That dancing doesn't always lead to sex and that you won't burst into flames and be sent instantly into the pits of hell for dancing.  This could have been great.  Unfortunately the administration is kind of right.  Students are unable to just dance and have a good time without turning into these crazy, repressed now coming out, sexual beasts.  It started off innocent enough just a few people on the dance floor doing some fun little spins, lots of space between guys and girls and really light mood.  And then all of a sudden "Dollar, Dollar Bills" (I'm unsure if that's the actual title) came on and it turn instantly into a seedy Boston club.  There was butt smacking, gyrating, grinding, droppin it like it's hot and a whole host of other completely inappropriate, un-ENC motions.  We we quickly killed that music and then only played oldies and songs that have group dances (Cotton Eye Joe, Macarena, Cha Cha Slide, etc.)  and students danced the rest of the night away in a much more ENC friendly way...if you can have ENC friendly dancing...

No comments: