Monday, August 30, 2010

274 To Go

So I've made a pretty huge decision. I am finally leaving the Naz after being here since August 1999. I've committed to finishing this year and then I'm out. That's in 274 days. That's terrifying. I know without a shadow of doubt it's the right thing but my whole life all I've ever known is home and ENC.

Last year I realized I would probably die at ENC because it was easy and it was safe. I'm in a rut and I feel my life flying by. I had all these visions and goals of traveling the world and making a difference and though I know I've helped students while they've been at ENC I know there is more out there.

The unfortunate part is I have NO IDEA what I want to be when I grow up. And I'm already a grown up. I feel like a high school student all over again with the world just open for the taking. So for the next 274 days I'm going to try and figure out what I want to be when I grow up.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

No comments: