Sunday, November 10, 2013

33 Things in 365 Days. Easy Right?!?

On Friday I turned 33.  Which to be honest seems like a pretty insignificant birthday.  It's not one of the "big" ones.  You know, 16, 18, 21, 30, 50 and so on.  So it would be easy to have pretty low expectations for this year.  But lately I've been learning a lot about making each day matter, to not just sit back and let life happen.  And deep in my heart I can feel that this is going to be a good and exciting year.  

Mmmmmmmm Pumpkin Cupcake and Tea for Birthday Dessert


To be honest 32 was a hard year.  I'm glad it's over.  But then 29 was a really hard year also and then 30 ended up being incredible!  So I've got high hopes for this year!

To help that happen I've come up with 33 things I'd like to accomplish this year.  This list will certainly keep me busy and push me to be intentional about my time.  

So without further ado (in no particular order):


  1. Finish my thesis
  2. Eat a lobster--the messy, gross way
  3. Go to a county fair
  4. Saturday brunch at the Parker House in Boston (11/09/13)
  5. Travel to a new place
  6. More time at the gym
  7. Visit friends more
  8. Tour a lighthouse
  9. Spend more time with mom
  10. Blog More
  11. Finish National Novel Writing Month (NANOWRIMO)
  12. Bake something from scratch and have it taste awesome!
  13. Hike a mountian
  14. Become more intentional with worship
  15. Raise awareness and support for the water crisis we are facing
  16. Actually finish a scrapbook
  17. Learn to read music
  18. Make the perfect pineapple upside down cake
  19. Take stairs instead of elevators
  20. Cook a fancy meal with multiple courses
  21. Give more, save some, spend less
  22. Finish Storyline
  23. Roller skate more often
  24. Sponsor a child
  25. Act like an adult--regular doctor appointments
  26. Try skiing--terrifying!
  27. Get to know my neighbors 
  28. Cut back on my coffee intake 
  29. Take the art tour at Boston Public Library
  30. See a moose
  31. Finish Richard Foster's Celebration of Discipline and incorporate some of them into my daily life
  32. Drive the Kancamangus Highway in the fall
  33. See WaterFire in Providence
Spoiler Alert! I've already accomplished one of the lists!

Should be easy right?!?!  

I figure I can accomplish number 10--Blog more by writing about these experiences which I'm sure will be somewhat hilarious since I'm usually a walking train wreck.  I'll probably get lost and end up in Canada while trying to accomplice number 32 or break an arm while trying 26 or discover an allergy on number 2..  You won't want to miss it so be sure to subscribe so you don't miss a story :)

No comments: