Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Transition...

So for the longest time ever I used to blog on xanga but then that got old and blogger seems to be the new place to go so here I am. I have no idea what to do with my old blog now. There are some posts that I really really liked, do I copy and paste them here, do I save them to a disk--does anyone save to a disk anymore??? This is something I will have to ponder for a while.

In other news it's almost time for my fifth year college reunion and I am really working hard to make sure people come. It's been this weird mix of responses. Those with families are really gung ho for going. They are planning on it and even willing to help out. The people who are still single are much more apprehensive. I've even noticed the classmates with children are even more excited than the married couples who are just married.

I've talked with some of my single classmates and there is this feeling of what could I bring to the discussion. They feel as though they are not nearly as successful since they aren't married with children. These are people who have great and interesting jobs, traveled the world, gotten masters, working on ph.ds, and have just had amazing life experiences since leaving college but still they feel inadequate standing next to the family man or woman.

I graduated from a small, Christian college. I'm curious if this is something seen at larger or non Christian schools. And should I be nervous? Not only am I not married with children but I never even left the college. But I'm happy with my life and my experiences. I just need to keep repeating that I guess.

1 comment:

*Austin Mommy* said...

I am proud of you for your openness about how you're feeling and about how others have expressed concern about not "measuring up". It's funny, though I AM married and have kids, I feel like people who have had incredible life experiences and have gone on in their education would look at me and think - wow, she just got married and got right to it...what a waste! I guess it's all perspective. I know I had a great time at Jon's reunion last year catching up with people with families, and those still on their own...all VERY interesting, and so great to see each one! I know I can't wait (but I sure don't have the time to help out! ;) ) Love you!